<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Friday, October 28, 2005

Sweet Jesus! 




What gets me most about this is the inconsistency. I'd almost be happier if they'd put apostrophes on every plural. At least that would have indicated that they'd thought about it, albeit wrongly.

How can someone successfully render "novelty" as "novelties", yet "candy" becomes "candy's" and "memory" becomes "memory's"?

What was even more irksome was that the name of the shop, which it almost hurts me to type - "Sweet Memory's" - was emblazoned on every single jar of sweets in the shop. For a shop whose sole purpose is selling old fashioned sweets from jars (a noble purpose, I think you'll agree), that's a lot of jars. Everywhere I looked, I was surrounded by sweeties and spurious apostrophes. It was like heaven and hell, all rolled into one.


<< Home

<< Home