<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Monday, August 29, 2005

Anxious eats... 

I don't often do foodie posts as I feel there are some dedicated blogs out there which do a *much* better job, but I wanted to share with you one of the meals I've been enjoying making this summer.

There's something about North African/Middle Eastern/Mediterranean food which I find irresistible, from my first experience of falafel on a food stall at the Ideal Home Exhibition (of all places) during my teenage years. Sometimes I wonder if I don't have a bit of Middle Eastern blood in me: I have before been accused of being "an arab" by a nutcase at a bus stop - who knows, maybe the nutcase was right all along!

Living in London means that you can sample the cuisine of so many different countries and it's the main thing I miss now that I live in a small, extremely uncosmopolitan town. There are of course those from around the county who view it as a heaving metropolis. Bless.

So, may I present for your delectation an "anxious" attempt at a middle-eastern style meal:

Marinated lamb, halloumi, red pepper and black olive kebabs served with tabouleh and a lemon and coriander yoghurt dressing.





We like.

Oh, and in case you're a new reader (unlikely, I know, but hey), here's the lowdown on this 'ere blog. Also available down yonder sidebar.


<< Home

<< Home