<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Friday, November 04, 2005

I guess it was only a matter of time.

At [insert old company name], it happened after only a couple of months, so 9 months is an improvement, at least. But still.

There we were, doing a light-hearted music quiz on a Friday afternoon at the office. He would play an intro on his MP3 player (NOT an iPod, some of you will be pleased to note), and the first to name the artist and track would get the points. A track came on. I vaguely recognised it, but couldn't pinpoint the artist.

Me: "Hmmm, I don't think I know this one"
He: "Oh, I would have thought you'd have known it"
Me: "Who is it then?"
He: "All About Eve"
Me: "Oh"

Me: *thinks*

Me: "So what made you think I would know it, then?"
He: *looking sheepish* "Err..."
Me: *thinks again, groans*
Me: "Is it because you think I'm a goth?"
He: *continuing the sheepish look* "Well, erm..."

My dark, straight hair is natural. My deathly pale skin is, unfortunately, natural. My slightly miserable demeanour is mostly natural but is exacerbated by my current disillusionment with corporate drudgery. The black clothes are not natural per se, but they serve their purpose of not drawing too much attention to the hulking mass otherwise known as "me", "her", "it", "The Amazon", "[nickname/old blog persona]", "[real name]", "[name similar to real name which really bugs me when people call me it]", and so on.

I do not: wear black lipstick; dye my hair black or purple; wear purple, lace or velvet garments of any kind, platform shoes (not least because I don't *need* to be any taller than I already am) or fishnet tights.

For the n millionth time, "I AM NOT A GOTH. I JUST HAVE A COUPLE OF CURE CDS, OKAY?"

So there you have it.


<< Home

<< Home