<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Monday, November 14, 2005

"Ugh! A greasy knob!"... 

...is not a phrase you expect to hear at work.

It was my fault.

You see, my salad dressing had gone thick and gloopy - I couldn't pour it. I don't know about you, but one of the things I look for in a salad dressing is pourability. So I shook the bottle a bit, peered into it and poked around with a knife. None of these actions had the desired effect, but they did result in my getting a fair amount of the oily concoction on my hands, the knife, the lid of the bottle and the bottle itself. Whilst attempting to wash up all the items involved in this débacle, I inadvertently transferred some to the tap. Hence, the greasy (tap) knob.

Well, it's probably an improvement on a greasy floor which a previous bottle of my salad dressing had caused only few weeks before. It was "resting" on the middle shelf in the fridge door with only a low barrier to keep it in place. A particularly violent swing of the fridge door by one of my colleagues had dislodged it, and its contents, onto the floor. Of course, this all happened while I was out "gallivanting" at lunchtime. I'm not a betting girl, but knowing me, I think there's a fair chance I was in Woolworth's buying white candy mice at the time. I returned nonchalantly to the office to be greeted by my colleague's thunderous glare and an overpowering smell of vinegar.




Coming soon on Status Anxiety:

Not much, if I have anything to do with it. I'm seriously considering putting this ol' blog aside for a while. I've got an exam coming up and I need to spend time reading and preparing. Unless I start blogging from work again (*examines scars from burnt fingers* - yep, that's unlikely), I just can't see where the time will come from. So something's got to give. Not to put too fine a point on it, my future could depend on this.

I'd tell you to watch this space, but it might prove to be about as interesting as watching paint dry...

*goes off to think about it*


<< Home

<< Home