<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Thursday, December 01, 2005

What I wish I'd said to my manager... 

"With reference to our conversation yesterday, regarding my working from home on Friday 25th November, I have reflected on the situation and would like to respond.

To summarise, you pointed out that I should have tried to travel to work in the snow and if I'd decided I didn't want to travel, I should have taken a day's leave.

I find this to be unreasonable. I shall elaborate below.


For these reasons, I can conclude that I was equally as productive working from home as I would have been at the [IT department] office. In fact, on this particularly day, I was probably more productive than I would have been had I attempted to travel to the office, as I did not waste any time travelling. I would also have found it extremely stressful to be forced to drive in conditions which, I later found out via colleagues, were treacherous and would have spent the day worrying if I'd make it home in one piece.

I do find it rather puzzling that I was essentially reprimanded (albeit in a light-hearted way) for taking what I believed were sensible, practical steps under the circumstances. I stand by my decision to work from home on that day and hope that I would be permitted to do so from time to time in the future if the circumstances merit it."




What I actually said:

"Oh... okay"


<< Home

<< Home