<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Friday, November 24, 2006

On the home straight 

Following this:


But I have never before experienced such a traumatic rollout of the application (and I have installed it on two previous occasions). This site has challenged all the initial assumptions which were made when the software was originally designed and written (both done before my time, I hasten to add). Having said that, it was originally designed as an interim solution for one site only, until the all-singing, all-dancing third-party ERP package was adopted company-wide. Needless to say, the all-singing, all-dancing third-party ERP was never and is never likely to be adopted company-wide. So now the "interim", one-site-only, in-house written software has become the permanent solution across the organisation. A familiar story, in my experience.

It has been a rough ride, but I think I'm on the home straight now.



English Version

We installed a new piece of software in a factory.

At first it didn't work properly so we took it out again (previous post refers to this).

Now it works.

But it has been quite tough to get it all right.


<< Home

<< Home