<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Bootee call 

Readers of Salvadore Vincent's blog will be aware of his recent series of posts devoted to the trials and tribulations of a discarded "bathmat" near to his home in North West London. I place the word in quotes because it looks to me, and evidently to other readers of his blog, more like a carpet sample. The sort of thing that my mum would buy for fifty pence from a carpet shop and use around the house and in the car when I were a nipper. But don't tell him that - he is quite adamant that it is a bathmat, so best to just smile and nod.

So intrigued and enamoured was I by the whole idea of Bathmatwatchâ„¢, that I decided to submit a photo of my very own bathmat to Salvadore's gallery of bathmattery.

On a seemingly unrelated matter, as I strolled into town today, settling nicely into my role as "Lady of (temporary) leisure", I noted an anomaly in the park. An alien object dazzled me by its out-of-place-ness amongst the mud and autumn leaves. A tiny, perfectly formed, almost new, sheepskin style baby bootee.



I felt saddened by the thought of a baby going around town with only one bootee, but what could I, a mere passer-by, do? Other than take a poor quality photograph of the item and walk on by, which is the option I chose.

Later that afternoon, as I ambled back home after a refreshingly leisurely Christmas shopping session, the bootee was still in evidence. But hang on, it had moved!



Someone had taken the time and trouble to "rescue" the bootee from its ground-level resting place and hook it somewhat jauntily on a wizened looking shrub.

I thought of Salvadore's bathmat, smiled and took out my phone-camera-phone.

And so begins "Bootee watchâ„¢"*


* though its continuation depends on my going to the park on a daily basis to note its position. An unlikely scenario.

Labels:



<< Home

<< Home