<$BlogRSDUrl$>

take one woman with low self esteem, but quite good hair
add one moronic illness
stir in some medication which causes hair to fall out
mix it all up and this is what you get...


Friday, September 16, 2005

Ask a silly question... 

I walked right into these:

Big waltzes into the bathroom. (He was going to foxtrot, but after recent fox-related antics, thought better of it.) He is naked.

Anxious: "Why are you naked?"
Big: "Because I took all of my clothes off..."



Big and Anxious are in a restaurant, enjoying their anniversary meal. Anxious notices Big's jacket hanging on the back of his chair.

Anxious: "Why is there a Bristol A-Z in your jacket pocket?"
Big: "Because I left it in there..."



Random conversation.

Anxious: "I wonder how laser hair removal treatment works..."
Big: "I imagine it works by using lasers to remove hair..."

Well, you can't fault him on his logic.



Pick o' the pod, take one

Eagle - Abba

The first album bought for me was Abba's "The Album". This is the first track from that album. Every note, every harmony, every word of that song is utterly familiar to me. It has a dream-like, haunting quality about it and whilst the synthesized sound is rather dated, I still find it completely captivating.

While singing along to it in my car this morning, tears were welling up in my eyes. I'm not sure whether this was due to the recalled memories of Sunday mornings, my mum doing the hoovering or operating the old manual washing machine (complete with mangle) in the kitchen while we played our records on the record player in the living room, or whether it was because my voice just wasn't up to the task of matching Agnetha's high notes. Either way, once the song finished, I reached for the "back" button and played it all over again. Best 79p I spent in a long time - thanks iTunes music store.


<< Home

<< Home